Cookies tastes really good in bar form. I think it is because it allows them to be thicker which allows for more of the soft gooey center to live. It is kind of like why Levain Bakery makes the best cookies weighing in at 6 ounces. Today I made your standard toll house recipe, but through it in a casserole pans. I also switched out the chips for peanut butter M&M's in lovely season Valentines Day colors.
Toll House Cookie Bar
- 1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of chocolate chips or M&M’s (I used Peanut Butter ones!)
I got the recipe inspiration from here.
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F. Grease 10 x 10-inch casserole dish
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
3. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl.
4. Add in the eggs,
5. Then gradually beat in flour mixture.
6. Fold in goodies
7. Spread into prepared pan.
8. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.