Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Cherry Pie Lara Bars
I love Lara Bars. I even got my mom obsessed with them. I’ve been meaning to do this forever…..
Finally, I made some homemade ones. It is super easy and they taste exactly like Lara’s! I mean how could they not be easy to make? They each have only 3-5 ingredients, so you can basically use that list to develop a recipe.
Today I made Cherry Pie Bars. I can’t wait to try making other varieties.
1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
1/2 cup Seedless/Pitted whole Dates
2/3 cup Almonds (unsalted)
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Place the dates and cherries in a food processor and blend until fully combined.
2. Transfer blended dates and cherries to a bowl.
3. Place nuts into the processor and blend until chopped fairly small
4. Add the nuts and cinnamon to the bowl with the fruit paste.
5. With your fingers, mix the nuts into the paste until all is combined into a ball.
6. Move ball to clean surface. Cover with plastic wrap and use rolling pin to make flat sheet of the mixture
7. Cut into bars and wrap in plastic wrap for storing.
This recipe made me 9 bars, plus some scraps for taste testing. Enjoy!!!