Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pour a glass of milk for this one.



As with lots of food discoveries I have, I learned this one from the Food Network. After seeing an episode of Bobby Flay's Throwdown, I knew I just had to go get my hands on one of these Levain cookies. Conveniently located on the Upper West Side, my mom and I paid a visit on this lovely afternoon.

This is hands down the best chocolate chip cookie I've ever had. They are huge! Each cookie weighs 6 ounces so they are good for sharing or for overindulging yourself! I despise hard crunchy cookies. These have just the right amount of crunch on the outside paired with a soft moist inside. They have full walnuts inside them. I usually would prefer my cookies sans nuts, but these didn't bother me at all. I almost didn't notice they were there. Walnuts are such a soft nut they weren't too much. I also feel the nuts really help the cookie to stand tall and not end up flat like a pancake.

The owners are triathletes that loved baking and have huge sweet tooths. I can TOTALLY relate, want to be their friends, and follow suit. Oh and of course they won the throwdown. These cookies will never be beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment