Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Become Your Dream.


So right about the time I left my job, a ghost writer started chalking messages all over Central Park that read, "Become your Dream." The first time seeing this, it really amped me up. I wanted to thank this person for giving me a boost.

We've had a really rainy season to and this person takes the time (or pays some helper) to go out and rechalk messages all over the park on a regular basis. I love it! After doing a little research I found the culprit behind the messages much easier than I was expecting. His name is James De la Vega and is an artist who lives in Soho who is known for his murals and chalk drawings. His trademark slogan which each street drawing is usually accompanied by is, "Become Your Dream." It is such a simple little saying, but seeing it all over the park is really motivating!

Also, this must be his trademark little character. He can be found all over the park too.

I like him!

Just want to throw out a thanks to James for inspiring me on a daily basis.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I get the character. Is it a fish with legs?

    ReplyDelete