Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Kale chips!

At a ridiculous hour on a late night stuck in the office during fashion week, one of my co-worker's then chef boyfriend prepared some food for us. He did not like the fact that we were being rationed string cheese and honey wheat pretzels. He brought in the fanciest food I think the office had ever seen. One thing on the menu was kale chips. I really liked these and he explained to me how easy they were to make. I waited quite sometime to try them myself.

I mad a couple batches and am really into them. The one thing is that they don't seem to keep very crispy, so you must eat them all….or share!

(This pic looks like nothing, but I don't like not providing a visual!)

Ingredients:

-bunch of kale
-1 tablespoon of olive oil
-salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Wash kale and dry.
3. Remove stems and tear into chip size pieces.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper on top
5. Bake for about 12 minutes or until leafs get crunchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment