Saturday, December 24, 2011
No better gift then Granola Crunchy Goodness.
I haven't been posting about all of the batches.....but I have been making granola a lot lately! A lot. One week I made a batch, ate it rapidly over only a couple days and then wished it wasn't all gone and made a second batch 3 days later! So while I was on a roll, I talked the fam into making some batches to give away for Christmas gifts.
Cranberry Nut Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
3. Add in wet ingredients and mix to coat all oats thoroughly.
4. Pour mixture onto sheet pan
5. Cook for an hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
6. After you remove it from the oven let granola cool before adding cranberries.