Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Artichoke's Pizza. Believe the hype

I have been meaning to try a slice of Artichoke Pizza forever. Located down near Union Square, this pizza is known for being a late night hot spot. It is not your average $1 slice of NY pizza you buy off the street. This is a more gourmet classy kind of slice. It is probably the most decadent slice of pizza I've ever had. Not quite as thick as Chicago Deep Dish, but definitely in competition with them for richness

I visited their Dine-in location in Chelsea. I actually can't imagine eating this off the street. I had to eat it with a fork and knife because of the ooey gooey sauce. On the street I feel like things would get real messy.

I requested to go here for my birthday we bought a whole pie, which was MASSIVE. I don't think we knew what we were getting ourselves into. Because of the richness it is quite filling, so we had leftover not that I'm complaining!

The pizza combines artichoke hearts, spinach, cream sauce and cheeses. Words can't even express how amazing this pizza is. Believe the hype. It is out of this world.

I love the simplicity of their place too. They sell only a handful of kind of pie, a handful of appetizers, and drinks. No need for more!

Get yourself a slice!!!! You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment