This girl loves pesto, but sometimes you can’t get your hands on basil. Spinach is a staple I usually have around. I saw a recipe using spinach instead of basil. Nothing can really compare to the real deal, but this is a pretty tasty alternative.
- 2 cups fresh spinach well-washed and stemmed
- 1/2 cup pine nuts toasted
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or italien seasoning
1. Place all ingredients into food processor and process to a fine paste.
2. Mix into warm pasta or to use for later transfer into a container and pour a little olive oil on top to prevent browning.
Recipe can be found here.