Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms


 
When I paid a visit to my lovely friend Lauren out in Portlandia she made this dinner and it was to die for. Tonight I re-enacted this meal of Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Sautéed Kale. It was just as good as I remembered it and super easy to make.

This was actually my first time buying and preparing a Portobello. I am just now opening up to mushrooms more. Not that I disliked them before. I just feel like they have a pretty plain taste. You really have to doctor them up, but doctored up like this, can’t go wrong.

Here’s the recipe:

Lauren’s Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms

Ingredients:

1 Portobello Mushroom
1/2 cup onion chopped
2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
Balsamic Vinegar
Olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut the stem off the mushroom and chop it up.
3. Put the head of the mushroom on a baking dish and drizzle with vinegar and oil.
4. Sauté the onion in oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Mid-way through add in the chopped stem.
6. Once cooked, add breadcrumbs and stir together.
7. Pour mixture on top of mushroom head.
8. Bake for 20 minutes.

(This is for one serving. If you have company double it up!)

It comes out nice and tender and marinated! I paired this with sautéed kale and a big chunk of skillet cornbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment