Happy Mother's Day to all! I had the pleasure of being home this weekend and spending some short, but sweet quality time with my mom and sis! We indulged with a visit to Sweet Tooth yesterday! Still the best cupcake I've had to this day, but I will keep on eating numerous other cupcakes just in case there is an even better one out there! When we were a block away, I could already smell the deliciousness! I know it is boring, but I had a plain vanilla. The classic is the best!
This morning we made a delicious brunch before my sister had to depart. We made cute Mini Vegetable Frittatas. Check out how cute they are! They came out quite amazing and delicious!
Mini Vegetable Frittata
1/2 small zucchini, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1/6 cup good olive oil
salt and pepper
1 teaspoons minced garlic (1 clove)
6 large eggs
1/2 cup half-and-half
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 scallions chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease 12 cups muffin tins
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Saute zucchini, peppers, and onion in olive oil adding 3/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and garlic
- Once cooked set vegetables aside
- With oil remaining in the sauté pan, add in scallions and cook for 1 minute over medium-low heat
- Add the vegetables to the pan and toss with the scallions.
- Add the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook for 2 minutes over medium-low heat stirring.
- Pour mixture into muffin tin
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Using a rubber spatula to loosen the frittatas from the muffin cups and slide the frittatas onto a platter.
(Used tips from Giada mini frittata recipe for baking temp and time!)