Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Baked Granola Bars



 Today I made new batch of granola bars. This time I tried a baked version. Before I’ve only made no-bake one. They came out pretty good. The batter tasted divine, but after cooking I felt they didn’t have quite enough pizzazz. Alas, I will still share the recipe with you.

 Ingredients:

- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ sesame seeds
- ¼ cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
 
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Line a 9X13 inch baking pan with parchment paper
3. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
4. In a small box or Pyrex measuring cup, combine wet ingredients.
 
5. Pour wet mix in with dry mix and stir to combine. 
6. Pour into pan and press evenly.
 
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
8. Try to let them cool completely before cutting. ( I couldn't wait, but it make it easier and cleaner cuts if you do!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment