So I am by no means on some kind of low-carb diet, but I saw a recipe using Cauliflower to make a pizza crust and was really intrigued to try. I love veggies and finding new ways to use them. (And tomorrow I will make a normal full carbs pizza! And maybe one the next day too!!)
Here’s the recipe:
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1/2 head of cauliflower (or 2+ cups shredded cauliflower)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic (or fresh garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Shred the cauliflower using a food processor.
2. Place the cauliflower crumbles in a large bowl and microwave them for 8 minutes.
3. Let the cauliflower cool before added other ingredients.
4. Combine cauliflower crumbles with the remaining ingredients.
5. Spray or grease a cookie sheet or pizza pan. I used a cookie sheet instead of my trusty pizza stone before the dough seemed a little sticky and I feared it would totally get stuck and not come off the stone easily.
6. Plop the ball of ingredients onto the pan and pat it down forming it into a pizza shape.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
8. Remove the crust from the oven.
9. Then you can add whatever pizza topping you would like and bake for another 5 minutes.
I did just standard sauce and cheese because I wanted to get a good taste of the crust. It was delicious! The cheese, garlic, and oregano really give it a kick. I’m not used to crust have such a pop of flavor. I do have to warn. This is a pizza you must eat with a fork. It didn’t get quite crispy enough to pick up. It is a little floppy, but it taste great!
Give it a try!
Inspiration came from here.