Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I like Slaw!


Summer time = Cook out time!

And that just one of the reason I love summer. I went to a friend’s place and they had Broccoli Slaw and one of the side dishes. It was THE BOMB!

I was scared at first. The word slaw just makes me want to cringe because I picture things covered with mayo. Not all slaws are gross, I have now learned!

It is a very simple and easy recipe, but really a crowd pleaser, or a Brenda pleaser at least. I couldn’t stop thinking about it. I had to friend the maker of this dish in order to get the exact recipe. Got it and made myself a batch!

Also, I was quite amused buying Ramen noodles. Have not eaten them since high school. I was ahead of the game and eating this college staple in high school, so much so that I kind of ODed on them and even before getting to college.

Here’s the recipe:

Broccoli Slaw

Ingredients:
- 1 package of broccoli slaw
- 1 package of Chicken Ramen noodles
- 1 onion
Dressing:
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp
- ½ the packet of ramen seasoning


Directions:
1.     Chop up and cook the onion.
2.     Mix together slaw mix and onion.
3.     Break up noodles and combine into slaw mix
4.     In a separate bowl combine all the dressing ingredients.
5.     Pour on and enjoy!

You can eat it right away, but I prefer it even more the day after when the noodles have softened.  

No comments:

Post a Comment