Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Tropical Granola

 I make granola a lot. This is my 3rd batch since I moved into my new place June 8th. Excessive? I don't always post about it because a lot of times it is just a repeat performance. I do mix up the ingredients from time to time.

Today I was feeling pretty tropical. My mom has helped me discover used coconut in things. I used to not be a fan, but it is growing on me. This recipe also has dried pineapple and mango in it. YUM! Here's the recipe:

Tropical Granola

Ingredients:

- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried mango
- 1/2 cup dried pineapple


Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients.
3. In a pyrex measuring cup, mix together the sugar, honey, oil, water and salt.
4. Heat up goop for 1 minute in the microwave to liquify the siguar.
5. Stir well and then pour over dry ingredients.
6. Mix to coat all oats thoroughly and then transfer mixture to a sheet pan.
7. Cook for an hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
8. After you remove it from the oven let granola cool before adding dried fruit.

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I want to try making homemade granola now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must! It is super easy and so tasty! Funny you wrote because guess what I was making last night? More granola! I'm obsessed!

    ReplyDelete