Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Staples of my life: Granola and Peanut Butter

Just because I haven't been posting, doesn't mean I haven't been cooking. I just haven't been making anything shiny and new to share. 

I have made more of my favorites like tropical granola.
I was running low on peanut butter and because I am crazy, I must always have some in my cupboard in order to not have feeling of anxiety come over me. I was feeling lazy and didn't feel like going out, so I whip up some of my own. Yum. This will last a week.
If you have never made some at home, it is super easy and you must try it. 

Honey Peanut Butter

Ingredients:
- 2 cups of salted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions:
1. Dump the peanuts into your food processor  and let it do its thing!

That's it! As it is going, you may have a moment of skeptism thinking it won't ever get smooth. Be patient. It takes a long time; probably a good 3 minutes. I like to use salted peanuts. One time I bought unsalted peanut butter thinking it was healthier. This was really dumb because then I just found myself salting my sandwich. I also added in a tablespoon of honey for some extra goodness!

1 comment: