Here’s the recipe:
Macaroni and Cheese for one
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup milk (I used 1%)
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leave
- 3/4 cup gruyere
- 1 cup pasta (I used whole wheat)
- breadcrumbs, for sprinkling on top
1. Boil water for cooking pasta.
2. Cook pasta until it is al dente (about 5 minutes)
3. To start your cheese sauce, add the butter into a separate pot.
4. Once melted, stir in flour and add in the bay leaf; remember to keep stirring.
5. Add in the milk a little at a time; always stirring; as the sauce thickens add a little more.
6. Add in the spices.
7. Add in the milk a little at a time; always stirring; as the sauce thickens add a little more.
8. Once all is combined and thick remove from heat and stir in cheese.
9. Next add in pasta.
10. Transfer into a baking dish.
11. Sprinkle bread crumb over the top.
12. Bake for 40 minutes.