Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Gotta use up the cider.

So I ate all my cider bread way too fast and wanted more so 4 days later I find myself back at it baking another. I really loved the recipe I used Saturday, but felt like trying out another. I followed one from Yankee Magazine. It came out tasty as well. It is a little lighter and not quite as dense and pound cake like, which is nice. I think the first recipe still wins though. I didn’t have enough white sugar left, so I used brown sugar instead. I made it in two mini loaves, which are just adorable. 
Here’s the recipes:

Apple Cider Bread #2

Ingredients:
- 3/8 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups apple cider
- 1 cups apples, peeled, cored, and chopped

Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
3. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
4. Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl
5. Add dry mixture and cider to sugar butter, alternating a little of each at a time
6. Once mixed thoroughly, shovel half the batter into a greased loaf pan.
7. Add a layer of cut apples
8. Top off with the remaining batter.
9. Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
10. Enjoy!

Now I have more lovely breakfast to look forwards to. Fuel for my runs!

No comments:

Post a Comment