Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Apple, Onion, and Gruyere Pizza

-->
 The apple fun continues. I’ve been eating apples daily, but whenever I go apple picking I love to try all new ways of using apples. Tonight I made an Apple Onion Gruyere Pizza.  I thought it sounded like a good combo. Cheese and apples have this weird way of being a good match.
 
Here’s my recipe:

Apple,  Onion, and Gruyere Pizza

Ingredients:
- pizza dough
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 apple sliced thin (I used a grannysmith)
- 1 cup gruyere cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for cooking onion

Directions:
1. If you want to make a homemade dough, please check out my recipe here. If not take your store bought dough out of the refrigerator.
2. Preheat over to 425 degrees. If you have a pizza stone, put it in the oven to preheat it as well
3. Sauté garlic and onion in olive oil until onion is tender.
4. Stretch dough out and place on preheated stone
5. Layer on apple slices, onion, and cheese then top off with some salt and pepper
6. Cook for 15 minutes
7. Enjoy!

I was quite pleased with this pizza and highly recommend you trying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment