Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Big Day of Eating!

What better way is there to spend a Sunday then touring around eating lots of delicious food? Alice, Jessie and Nate joined me for this day excursion. To start we stumbled upon a little candy store called, the Sweet Life. I indulged in some marshmallows dipped in chocolate on a stick which were quite yummy. Then it was on the Essex Street Fair which had food vendors galore. Everything looked super amazing. I wish I could have tried even more!

I tried out a risotto ball by Arancini Bros. We sat on the grass and had a risotto ball picnic! I went for the spinach and ricotta. Might have been one of the best things I've ever ate!

Next on the menu was a Mexican popsicle. This was no Las Paletas, but still tasty! I tried something a little different and went for the mango chili flavor. It was different, but quite good.


Next stop was the South Street Seaport, which I had never been to before. It is a really neat area overlooking the water with views of the Brooklyn Bridge and Governor's Island and tons of shops and restaurants. I kinda felt like I was at Faneuil Hall in Boston! The main reason for our visit was to try Soul Daddy finally!

After a day filled with eating I wasn't hungry enough to go with a full meal, so I opted to just try a couple sides.

I tried the braised kale and cornbread waffles, which were both very good. Alice tried the pulled pork sandwich and Jessie and Nate tried the cheese grits. All left pleased and happy!

We also stopped by the Jewish Chinese Festival. Here they had a little station where you could make your own hallah bread! They provided you with a balls of dough which you braided and put in your on personal tin to bring home to bake!

Not the prettiest braids, but tasty none the less!

No comments:

Post a Comment